Maxi dresses have been in vogue since long. Various kinds of dresses have come and gone, but these dresses have been able to maintain their evergreen charm till this day. Maxi dresses are long dresses which are free flowing in looks and reach to the ground. Though now various kinds of styles are seen in the maxi dresses, previously they came only in the free flowing format. It is interesting to see that for some women the dress reaches just up to the ankles, while for some others, it reaches the floor. The dress first become popular in the 1960s and since then has evolved but stayed in fashion. Here are some varieties of maxi dresses that are commonly available in the market:
· Maxis for beach wear – If you thought that beach wear means bikini, you are wrong. You can wear free flowing maxis to the beach when you are intending to take a long stroll by the beach. The loose fit of the maxi dress is great for warmer places. You can attend a beach party as well in this lovely outfit.
· Maxis with tight fit – It is interesting to note that some maxi dresses look good in tight fitting. The waist is made narrow to emphasize the body shape. Either a belt or elastic is used for making the maxi tight at the waist.
· Maxis in solid color combinations – Color combinations in maxis vary from one another. While some come in lovely colors and prints, some come in solid color combinations. For instance black and white color combinations are hot picks, where the lower part of the dress is in solid black color and the upper part is in lighter shades. Usually maxis with solid color combinations are not as much in as normal maxis.
· Maxis for party wear – If you are a Page 3 reader, you will get news of parties and social events of celebrities quite easily. Spotting a maxi dress is not unnatural in these places. There are exclusive party wear maxis that are worn by people. They come in myriad designs, styles and patterns. Some of the dresses are shoulder-less, while some of them are strappy in design. However, maxi dresses also come with sleeves (short and long).
· Maxis for all body types – It is a well known fact that different women have different body types. Some women are slim and tall, some are curvy, some have athletic structures, and some are short and bulky and so on. Maxis are available in the market for all body types. Designs and cuts of the maxis might vary from one another so that they are suitable for specific body types.
Maxi dresses for parties – a favorite with many women for the benefits that they offer
General women as well as celebrities have been seen to wear maxi dresses in parties and get-together. While some women love to wear toned down sober maxis, some others like their maxis to be bright and colorful. Wearing these maxis has many benefits. Most of these maxis are flowing till the floor. As a result, the legs are fully covered. If you have forgotten to shave or wax your leg for unwanted hair, the maxi dress will help in concealing the same smartly. Maxi dresses also make women look extremely elegant and sophisticated if they are worn as per body shape and structure.